Book Week “Escape to Everywhere”!

This years book week theme was “Escape to Everywhere” which is quite broad, and let us dress up however we wanted! I chose to dress up as Darth Vader, and together with Isabel, I was chosen to be interviewed. This was a lot of fun! I chose a Star Wars main villain to dress up as, because to me he proves that there is both good and evil in all of us. Darth Vadar was once a Jedi knight, but was swayed by the dark side and turned evil. Ultimately we all have a choice, regardless of what life’s circumstances.

Book week parade celebrates all things books, and their characters that us readers were influenced by. All of the school dresses up, including the teachers. Some of the costumes are really funny, but it’s good to see everyone dressed up! Ms Heaney was dressed up as a library book shelf!

I can never decide which character to dress up as, and usually leave it to last minute. I tend to change my mind quite a bit.

After the parade, I took off my costume as it was so hot! Unfortunately, class photos as well as individual photos were taken much later, so I didn’t have a photo with my costume on. We got to write about book week characters that day. This was so much fun.